- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in hot water in a bowl. Let stand until yeast forms a creamy foam, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Mix 1 3/4 cup flour and salt in a large bowl. Pour in yeast mixture; mix well until dough comes together.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead until smooth, adding remaining 1/4 cup flour if dough is too sticky, about 2 minutes. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a greased pizza pan.
- Cook’s Note:
- Top crust as desired and bake at 500 degrees F (260 degrees C) until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.